Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Cordillera Escalera - days 9-12

Just a quick entry before I go to Yurimaguas for a few days. Looking for higher elevation Heliconius in the past few days from 800-1200+ metres has yielded a few good birds. My brother Alistair, on holiday in Peru, came up to Tarapoto from Cuzco and soon stubbled upon a Blackish Nightjar (photo below). Other good birds have included the endemic Koepcke's Hermit plus Rufous-rumped Antwren, Red-stained Woodpecker, White-throated Toucan, Three-striped Warbler, Green Jay and Bay-headed Tananger. Locally around Tarapoto I tracked a Neotropical River Otter along the Rio Shilcayo for over a 100 metres.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello friend fraser, if not even remember me, but my name is ronald, I'm the guy they met in Tarapoto - Peru, working in urku am in charge of the flight room where butterflies breed, I hope not me because olvidaden that's not forgetting my friends Neil, Canchon and you, a pleasure to greet you leave my page to visit me one is the other frogs and butterflies: frogs from mountain stairs www.urkuperu.blogspot.com

adios amigo y cuidate mucho.

ATT: Ronald Mori Pezo

Fraser Simpson said...

Hello Ronald! How are things? Yes, how could I forget those GLORIA days, haha.

I will add a link to your new blog!

Cheers,
Fraser